– Managing Director, The AgriChain Centre
– Chief Executive, International Management Centres Association, UK
– Publisher, Hortsource
– Professor in Agribusiness, IMCA
MEMBERSHIP OF SOCIETIES, INSTITUTIONS, COMMITTEES:
– Member, Institute of Directors in New Zealand
– Professional Member, Royal Society of New Zealand
– Member, International Society for Horticultural Science
– Companion Member, International Management Centres Association
– Member, Executive Committee, United Fresh New Zealand
– Trustee, United Fresh 5+ A Day Charitable Trust
– New Zealand Director, International Federation of Produce Standards
– Chairman, International Federation of Produce Standards
In ‘previous lives’ Hans has been a nurseryman, a garden centre manager, an employment officer, a business consultant, a marketing manager and a corporate retailer. These experiences when combined with his current roles allow Hans to comment in an enlightening and entertaining fashion on global fresh produce industry and related events, trends and occurrences.
Hans does so through his SAUERKRAUT column on the HORTSOURCE website and in various New Zealand and international print media. Hans is also a regular speaker and facilitator at industry conferences, organisational training events and business functions. In 2009 Hans spoke or facilitated at events in England, Germany, Holland and Singapore as well as in New Zealand. Engagements booked for 2010 to date include events in New Zealand, Singapore, Finland, Australia and England.
Hans can be contacted at